Win The Snack Time MVP Award
If you’re planning to cheer on your favorite team, plan a few game day snacks that are sure to be a slam-dunk with friends and family. Since watching the big game can work up an appetite, consider making these courtside friendly treats:
RO*TEL® Rockin’ Guacamole
Is it really game day if you didn’t enjoy dip? This guacamole dip is easy and delicious!
3 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled
1 (10-oz.) can RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. Clover Valley® Salt
Clover Valley® Ground Black Pepper
Tortilla chips, optional
- Mash avocados in medium bowl. (Use a potato masher to quickly mash the avocados.)
- Stir in drained tomatoes, onion, lime juice and salt. Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Caribbean-Style Chicken Wings
While your bracket may be on the line, these flavorful wings will score big with your friends. Plan ahead so they aren’t gone before halftime!
2 lb. chicken wings or wing dings
2/3 cup Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. Clover Valley® Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. all spice
1/4 tsp. red pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place wings in broiler pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup and remaining ingredients.
- Take wings out of oven and carefully brush sauce on wings. Broil wings for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn wings; brush with additional sauce. Broil for 2 to 3 more minutes.
If you’re on a time crunch and don’t have time to prepare snacks before the game, consider picking up a bag of Heartland Harvest™ Sweet & Salty Trail Mix for munching. Party platters, bowls and pitchers make for easier game day snacking and cleanup. Visit your local Dollar General or go online to shop more DG Party® supplies to get party prepped.
Catch Dollar General as the Official Discount Retail Sponsor for the Big 12 Conference for the 2017-2018 academic year during the Big 12 Men’s Basketball Tournament starting March 7 through March 10, 2018 in Kansas City.