Win Tailgate Season with These DG Easy Meals
The start of school brings along the start of football season where weekends can best be spent enjoying time with friends and family and eating outdoors. Gear up for the next exciting football season with these tasty DG Easy Meals that take less than 30 minutes each.
Make Dollar General your one-stop shop for game day. From drinks and snacks to utensils and cleaning supplies, Dollar General has everything you need to make the day a win on a budget! For more tips and tricks when preparing for a tailgate, check out our blog on four ways to win at your football tailgate here: https://newscenter.dollargeneral.com/our-story/blog-posts/four-ways-to-win-at-your-football-tailgate.htm.
Find more ways to save this on tailgating needs by considering Dollar General's Digital Coupon Program that helps to provide customers with an easy-to-use platform and digital coupons. Sign-up today by clicking here, visiting www.dollargeneral.com/coupons or accessing coupons on the Dollar General mobile app. Customers can load coupons to the account and redeem them at checkout during their next visit!
Sunny’s Easy Sausage & Cheese Balls with BBQ Dipping Sauce
This recipe makes 50 to 60 meatballs making it the perfect appetizer for game days. Prepare the meat the night before to let the flavors marinate overnight and make it an easier prep the day of.
- 1 pound ground hot Italian sausage
- 2 scallions finely chopped, white and green parts
- 3 cups biscuit baking mix
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- For the sauce
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Mix balls and bake. Preheat oven to 375 °F. In a large bowl add the sausage, scallions, baking mix, and cheddar cheese. Mix with your hands until everything is evenly distributed. Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil or use a non-stick sheet. Make mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the sheet one inch apart. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Make the sauce. In a medium bowl stir the barbecue sauce and mayonnaise. Serve with cooled balls.
Fast Football Franks
These franks are a quick and easy appetizer to make. Stick them on toothpicks and spread them out on a platter for a mess-free snack to keep you fueled before the game.
- 1 lb. cocktail franks
- 1 cup Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- 2 Tbsp. chopped jalapeno peppers
- Brown cocktail franks in medium skillet. When browned, remove franks from skillet and set aside.
- Add ketchup, pineapple, grape jelly and jalapeno peppers to skillet. Cook, stirring, until jelly is melted.
- Add in cocktail franks; simmer in sauce for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm, with toothpicks.
Skittles® Rice Footballs
Get festive with Skittles® Rice Footballs! Consider this grab-and-go sweet treat to get you in game day spirit. Make this delicious dessert in less than 20 minutes to have them ready for kick off.
- Marshmallows, 40 large or 4 cups mini
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 5 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1-1/4 cups Skittles® Original Candies
- White gel icing
- Coat a 9" x 12" x 1" pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows until completely melted, stirring often.
- In a large bowl, add in cereal and then add the marshmallow mixture. Stir until thoroughly mixed and then stir in the Skittles®.
- Use waxed paper to press the mixture into the rectangular pan, then allow to cool and set a bit.
- Coat a football-shaped cookie cutter with cooking spray and cut out shapes.
- Apply the “laces” with white gel icing. Then pass the balls around — they won’t be fumbled, but they’re sure to get intercepted.