Whether attending a baby shower or hosting one, finding ways to save can go a long way when celebrating the parent. Dollar General is here to help customers determine what they need to host the perfect celebration or buy just the right gift while staying mindful of their budget.
- With a new bundle of joy, you can never have enough diapers and wipes! This can be a perfect gift to give as it is always needed. Save by shopping private brands like DG™ Baby that carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Help baby look stylish with affordable and adorable apparel like this Swiggles® Newborn “Hello World” Creeper. This creeper is made from 100% cotton and is a practical gift for all the changes in between messes.
- Don’t forget the parents! Consider a package full of personal care items such bubble bath, body wash and facial scrub. Add a candle for added relaxation.
- Gift cards can also be a practical gift or supplement to a gift as they allow the guest of honor to choose their purchases. They can also save you time searching for a gift. Shop gift cards from various retailers, restaurants and online stores at Dollar General.
- Round out the gift basket and share a special message of congratulations to the parent with a greeting card from Dollar General starting at $0.50. Make Dollar General the one-stop shop on your gift packaging essentials like gift wrap, bags, tissue paper and more.
- Consider asking guests to bring a small dish or dessert for a potluck style shower. Provide a list of suggested food items and have guests pick from the list without fear of having two of the same item!
- When searching for venues, consider various fees and costs that may accrue with renting out a room, chairs and tables. If possible, host the shower at someone’s home or a free space like a park pavilion as this can save money on rental fees.
- Digital invitations can be a great option for larger guest lists as they are easy to send, track and may save money on postage.
- A color theme may help stay organized when buying decorations, invitations and tableware. Stick to one or two colors to keep purchasing simple. Decorate the space with affordable party decorations like streamers, garland and banners from your local Dollar General. Disposable tablecovers can be an easy and inexpensive way to pull together a color scheme. Plus, it saves time on wiping down tables.
- Plan ahead on items you may or may not have on hand to host the party like tables, chairs and tableware. Disposable trays, bowls, plates, utensils, napkins and cups may provide an easy cleanup option. Find affordable tableware at Dollar General or online in the party section.