With summer nearing an end, the kids’ fall sports season is kicking into full gear. From football to soccer, many parents are prepping their sideline bags with the right gear for the coming months. Stay on budget and have your sideline bag or cooler set with all the necessities by shopping with Dollar General. If you’re unsure where to start, consider including the following items:
- Water: Extra water bottles may be handy in a sideline bag even if the team asks for community water bottle donations. Multi-packs of water bottles can help save money. Dollar General also offers name-brand sports drinks, such as Gatorade® and Powerade®, for added fuel during the game. Avoid water bottle mix-ups by keeping a permanent marker handy to label names.
- Snacks: With all the energy spent on the field or court, appetites can grow fast. Keep a few nutritious and hearty snacks in your bag for when a pick-me-up is needed. Whether on the field or in the stands, granola bars packed with protein can be a great addition to your bag to help power through. Trail mix is an easy snack when cheering in the stands.
- First-Aid Kit: Stay prepared for what game days can bring with a first-aid kit. Dollar General carries a variety of national brands like Rexall® and DG Health™ at convenient, everyday low prices that can help families stay safe. Include a pre-made first-aid kit or start from scratch, learn how you can keep your first-aid kit updated here.
- Sun and Bug Protection: Even as the seasons change, sunscreen is a sideline essential when watching or playing during the daytime. DG Body™ Continuous Spray Sport Sunscreen is water resistant for up to 80 minutes, so make the halftime point of the game your cue to reapply. Bug spray can help you enjoy the game without worry of bug bites.
- Weather Proof: Prepare for cooler weather as the seasons change by keeping a throw blanket in your bag. A throw blanket can also act as a seat cushion when clocking in countless hours on the bleachers. Add a rain jacket or poncho to your bag in case of showers.