Have a Slice of Pi(e)!
Celebrate National Pi Day on March 14 with Dollar General! Whether you love math or not, National Pi Day is an opportunity for pie and pizza lovers to rejoice! Savory or sweet, Dollar General can help you properly celebrate with these recipes from Dollar General Easy Meals. For more pizza and pie recipes, check out Dollar General Easy Meals or dollargeneral.com/easymeals.
If you’re celebrating pie…
No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Pie
Prep: 15 minutes | Total: 2 hours, 15 minutes
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 can Clover Valley® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Clover Valley® Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Clover Valley® Vanilla Extract
1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- Place the pie crust in the freezer.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat room-temperature, softened cream cheese on medium until fluffy.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Blend ingredients well.
- Evenly spoon mixture into chilled, pre-made pie crust and chill in refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- To garnish, zest a lemon peel with a hand grater or use fresh fruit (strawberries or blueberries).
If you’re celebrating pizza…
Easy Mini Pizzas
1 pkg. large-sized refrigerated biscuit dough
1 jar pasta sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 pkg. shredded cheese
1 pkg. sliced pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Open refrigerated biscuit dough. Pull biscuits apart, place 3 or 4 on a nonstick baking sheet and press by hand into 6-inch rounds. (Tip: Biscuit dough is easier to use at room temperature.)
- Mix pasta sauce and tomato paste to thicken and add flavor, then spread to cover surface of biscuits.
- Sprinkle a small handful of shredded cheese over the sauce and top with sliced pepperoni or other desired toppings.
- Cook in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted on top.