Got Dessert? Easy Ways to Enjoy National Milk Day
Celebrate National Milk Day on January 11 by pairing a glass with a warm batch of cookies or a box of premade cookies. If you prefer something heartier, consider a bowl of your favorite cereal. Save on milk and other National Milk Day essentials, including your favorite cereal brands like Kelloggs®, General Mills® and Post® by visiting your local Dollar General store.
Consider additional savings by shopping for cereal and cookies with Dollar General’s private brands that offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee like Clover Valley®. Bake cookies from scratch by compiling a few ingredients you may have around the house or that you can easily shop at your local Dollar General:
Perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 sticks Clover Valley® Butter
- 2-1/2 cups packed Clover Valley® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Clover Valley® White Sugar
- 2 large Clover Valley® Eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-1/2 Tbsp. Clover Valley® Vanilla
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups Clover Valley® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Clover Valley® Salt
- 1 tsp. Clover Valley® Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Clover Valley® Baking Powder
- 2 cups Clover Valley® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Clover Valley® Milk Chocolate Chips
- Cream butter and sugars in a stand mixer until light, fluffy and creamy, about 4-5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and slowly add to the batter, mixing on low while doing so. When well combined, mix in chocolate chips.
- Put all cookie dough into fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Take out and roll lightly into 1-inch balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with nonstick foil and bake at 325°F for 10-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven when the outside edges are starting to brown for a softer, chewier cookie. Leave in another minute or so if you like them just a tad bit crunchier.