Easter plans just got easier. Finding a recipe for the holiday can be quick, efficient and affordable by discovering delicious recipes on DG Easy Meals and shopping for baking needs at Dollar General. Discover additional savings by signing up for Dollar General’s Digital Coupons Program and shopping private brands. Be sure to look for the brands that carry a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
Crispy Rice Treat Nests
With little time required for the prep work, this tasty recipe makes it the perfect treat to assemble when on a time crunch!
- 3 oz. Clover Valley® Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp. Clover Valley® Butter
- 1 ½ cups Clover Valley® Crispy Rice Cereal
- Whoppers® Robins Eggs and/or Peeps® Marshmallow Chicks
- Prepare a cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt 3-ounces of Clover Valley® Mini Marshmallows with a tablespoon of Clover Valley® Butter. Stir until smooth.
- Gently stir in 1 ½ cups Clover Valley® Crispy Rice Cereal.
- Press cereal into cupcake tins, to form a nest shape. When the cups have cooled, gently remove them and allow to continue setting on wax or parchment paper.
- Top with your choice of Whoppers® Robins Eggs or Peeps® Marshmallow Chicks or your other favorite Easter candy.
These cupcakes are a delicious edition to any Easter gathering and make an adorable centerpiece!
- 1 Package of cake mix (We used Pillsbury Funfetti™ Cake Mix
- 1 Clover Valley® Egg
- ? cup of water
- ¼ cup Clover Valley® Vegetable Oil
- Frosting (We used Betty Crocker™ Whipped Fluffy White Frosting
- Orange and Green M&Ms®
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 package of cake mix, 1 Clover Valley® egg, ? cup of water, and ¼ cup of Clover Valley® Vegetable Oil. Mix together with hand-mixer or whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Line baking pan with cupcake liners.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full with cake mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until cake is done.
- Let the cupcakes cool for about 15 minutes before frosting.
- Frost and decorate with M&Ms® to look like carrots.