February 9 marks National Pizza Day! Head to your local Dollar General store to find supplies that you may need. From pizza sauce and crust to ready-to-bake, it can be easy to celebrate this tasty holiday. Whether you prefer salty or sweet, check out the recipes below for fun, delicious ways to prepare a pizza for National Pizza Day. Discover more recipes at DG Easy Meals at www.dollargeneral.com/easymeals.
Consider saving this recipe as a fun meal to make on Valentine’s Day.
Honey-Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 tsp. Clover Valley® Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (between 105-115°F)
- 1 Tbsp. Clover Valley® Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Clover Valley® Honey
- 1 tsp. Clover Valley® Salt
- 3-1/4 cups whole-wheat flour or white whole-wheat flour
- Clover Valley® Tomato Sauce
- Clover Valley® Mozzarella Cheese
- Heart-shaped pepperoni slices (use a small cookie cutter)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add sugar, yeast and water. Give a quick stir and let sit for 5 minutes. The yeast will be foamy and will dissolve. Add olive oil, honey and salt. Mix well. Add 3 cups of flour and mix on medium-low speed with a dough hook until it comes together.
- Knead dough for 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Once the dough has come together, place in a well-oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Punch down the dough on a floured surface and knead it again briefly.
- Divide into 8-10 portions. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to shape the dough. Use plenty of flour so the dough does not stick.
- Top with pizza sauce, cheese and heart-shaped pepperoni.
- Bake in a 450°F oven for 7-8 minutes per pizza.
BUTTERFINGER® Bites Brownie Pizza
- 2/3 cup Clover Valley® All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. Clover Valley® Salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Clover Valley® Butter or Margarine, melted
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup assorted chopped NESTLÉ® Candies (NESTLÉ® CRUNCH, BUTTERFINGER BITES, BABY RUTH, GOOBERS, RAISINETS, BUNCHA CRUNCH) and/or mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour 9-inch-round cake pan.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Combine sugar, butter and water in medium bowl. Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture. Spread into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of brownie; invert onto serving plate. Immediately sprinkle semi-sweet morsels over hot brownie crust. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny. Gently spread chocolate over brownie crust.
- Sprinkle chopped candies and/or marshmallows in single layer over pizza. Serve warm or at room temperature; cut into wedges.