In the spirit of the holiday season and Dollar General’s mission of Serving Others
, the Company donated $120,000 to 17 schools as part of its 2018 “Days of Giving” campaign this December. The contributions are intended to support education and literacy in the communities Dollar General calls home.
As ardent supporters of literacy and education initiatives, Dollar General store and distribution center employees presented each of the following schools and organizations with a surprise $10,000 throughout the holiday season! See photographs of excitement and joy from the recipients’ and Dollar General team alike below.
- Ashford Elementary School in Ashford, Alabama
- Blue Earth Area Elementary & Middle School (BEA K-7) in Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Blue Earth Area Secondary (BEAHS) in Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Clearwater Elementary School in Piedmont, Missouri
- Clinton Elementary School in Clinton, Maine
- Luther Elementary, Middle and High Schools in Luther, Oklahoma
- Mantachie Elementary and High School in Mantachie, Mississippi
- Osawatomie Middle School in Osawatomie, Kansas
- Stewart County High in Dover, Tennessee
- Waldron Elementary, Middle and High Schools in Waldron, Arkansas
- Will Rogers Elementary School in McAlester, Oklahoma
- Wilson Middle School in Exeter, California
Learn more about Dollar General’s commitment to its mission, including nearly $600,000 in contributions to support schools and libraries in local communities, this holiday season here
Clinton Elementary School
Mantachie Elementary and High School
Will Rogers Elementary School
Osawatomie Middle School
Stewart County High School
Waldron Elementary, Middle and High School
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG) is proud to serve as America’s neighborhood general store. Founded in 1939, Dollar General lives its mission of Serving Others every day by providing access to affordable products and services for its customers, career opportunities for its employees, and literacy and education support for its hometown communities. As of August 4, 2023, the company’s 19,488 Dollar General, DG Market, DGX and pOpshelf stores across the United States and Mi Súper Dollar General stores in Mexico provide everyday essentials including food, health and wellness products, cleaning and laundry supplies, self-care and beauty items, and seasonal décor from our high-quality private brands alongside many of the world’s most trusted brands such as Coca Cola, PepsiCo/Frito-Lay, General Mills, Hershey, J.M. Smucker, Kraft, Mars, Nestlé, Procter & Gamble and Unilever. Learn more at DollarGeneral.com.