In keeping with Dollar General's mission of Serving Others, 150 volunteer employees assembled 5,000 care packages that will be sent to military service members by the United Service Organizations (USO) on Saturday, August 11 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Volunteers compiled kits comprised of the following items, all of which were generously donated by Dollar General’s vendor community:
- Degree Deodorant (Unilever)
- Colgate Toothbrush and Toothpaste (Colgate-Palmolive)
- Visine Eye Drops (Johnson & Johnson)
- Dental Floss and Shave Gel (Proctor and Gamble)
- BIC Disposable Razors (BIC)
- Banana Boat SPF Sport Lip (Edgewell)
- Hand Sanitizer (Vijon)
- All-in-one Shampoo and Body Wash (Henkel North America)
- EXTRA Gum (EXTRA)
Travis Mills, an U.S. Army Veteran and an advocate for veterans and amputees, also served as the event’s guest speaker to provide motivation to the teams. Dollar General also presented a $5,000 donation to the Travis Mills Foundation.