Let the countdown begin with this festive Santa Countdown Craft that can be the perfect addition to the home, office or classroom. Make one for yourself or craft it as a holiday gift. This craft can also be a great way to work with children on their math skills by encouraging them to write how many days are left until December 25 at the beginning of each day! For additional crafts, visit D.I.Y. @ DG™.
Santa Countdown Craft
What You’ll Need:
- Crafter's Closet Red Craft Paint
- Crafter's Closet Precision Scissors
- Crafter's Closet Premium Paint Brushes
- Crafter's Closet Paint Mixing Palette
- Crafter's Closet Red Detail Ribbon
- Crafter's Closet Hot Glue Gun
- Crafter's Closet Hot Glue Sticks
- Crafter's Closet Wood Plaque
- Crafter's Closet Black Chalkboard Paint
- Crafter's Closet Chalkboard Marker
- ArtSkills Gold Glitter Mini Tape
To get started, be sure to download the Square Template here.
Step 1: Paint the entire plaque with red paint. Apply additional as needed. Paint the edge with the black chalkboard paint. Let dry.
Step 2: Paint a 2.75” square with the black chalkboard paint. Be sure to position in the center top. Reference the downloadable template if needed. Let dry. Extend the black paint on either side to act as Santa’s black belt. Let dry.
Step 3: Cut four strips of the Gold Glitter Mini Tape each measuring 3.25” in length. Also, cut one more strip at just .25” in length to act as the small belt notch. Then, add the tape to the edge of the black square and add the little extra piece to the center right strip for extra detail!
Step 4: Use the white chalk marker to write “Days Til Santa” under the belt buckle. You may need to go over this twice as the marker is meant for chalk paint, but it will still work beautifully! Cut a little strip of the red ribbon and hot glue a loop to the back of the plaque for easy hanging.
Once completed, begin the countdown to Santa’s arrival!