National Peanut Butter Day is January 24! Grab a spoonful of the tasty treat or pair with fruits and vegetables like apples and celery. There may be no butter way to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day than with a delicious recipe from DG Easy Meals. Visit DG Easy Meals at www.dollargeneral.com/easymeals for additional recipes and ideas.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 48 HERSHEY’S® KISSES® Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE’S® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Clover Valley® Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light Clover Valley® Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups Clover Valley® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Clover Valley® Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Clover Valley® Salt
- Additional granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.