May 17 marks National Walnut Day. Join Dollar General in celebrating a rather “nutty” holiday with a deliciously sweet recipe from DG Easy Meals
. This summertime recipe
from Sunny Anderson calls for a half cup of pecan halves or shelled walnuts. To celebrate properly, we’re cracking the latter.
Sunny’s Easy Nutty Chocolate Dip
For the dip
- 2 tbsp. Clover Valley® Salted Butter
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts, Clover Valley® pecan halves, or Clover Valley® shelled walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, (like Nutella) gently loosened in the microwave a few seconds
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 cups Clover Valley® mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers
- Pretzel sticks
- Clover Valley® vanilla wafers
- Ridged potato chips
- Mini waffles
- Frozen or fresh bananas
- Apple wedges
- Pear wedges
- Dried apricots
- Prep the pan by buttering the bottom and sides of a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet.
- Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the hazelnut spread and the chocolate chips.
- Dollop chocolate mixture into the pan, then top with marshmallows and gently spread.
- Turn on the oven broiler and make sure the rack is in the center position of your oven.
- Place the pan in the oven and broil until the tops of the marshmallows are golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve warm with dippables.
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,683 stores in 46 states as of July 30, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.