Celebrate National Peach Cobbler Day with Dollar General
April 13 marks National Peach Cobbler Day and one of the best ways to celebrate may include enjoying a serving of the delicious dessert. Dollar General is excited to share an easy and classic recipe to properly celebrate the day. Try this recipe and find others at Dollar General Easy Meals or dollargeneral.com/easymeals.
Southern Peach Cobbler
2 (29-oz.) cans Clover Valley® Peach Slices in light syrup (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
1 cup Clover Valley® Self-Rising Flour
1 cup Clover Valley® Sugar
1 stick Clover Valley® Salted Butter, melted
1 cup Clover Valley® Milk (2% or whole)
1/2 cup light syrup from the canned peaches
2 tsp. Clover Valley® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Drain the peaches (reserving half a cup of juice) and pour them into a buttered 3-quart casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, melted butter, milk, peach syrup and vanilla extract.
- When it’s fully whisked together, it will still have small lumps. Pour the batter over the peaches.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.