Southern Peach Cobbler
2 (29-oz.) cans Clover Valley® Peach Slices in light syrup (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
1 cup Clover Valley® Self-Rising Flour
1 cup Clover Valley® Sugar
1 stick Clover Valley® Salted Butter, melted
1 cup Clover Valley® Milk (2% or whole)
1/2 cup light syrup from the canned peaches
2 tsp. Clover Valley® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Drain the peaches (reserving half a cup of juice) and pour them into a buttered 3-quart casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, melted butter, milk, peach syrup and vanilla extract.
- When it’s fully whisked together, it will still have small lumps. Pour the batter over the peaches.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.