Kick Off Game Day with Healthier Snacks
Jan 27, 2020
Let Dollar General help you make game day snacks happen! Get into the game day spirit with affordable snacks that are nutritious, delicious and sure to score points with your friends and family. Game day snacks can be better for you without being boring!
For quick and easy snacks that require little prep, consider items from Good & Smart, Dollar General’s private brand that brings quality and healthier products at affordable prices. Take Good & Smart™ Sea Salt Popcorn and mix in your favorite toppings such as dried fruits like cranberries, blueberries, cherries or raisins; nuts like cashews, walnuts or almonds; or morsels like mini dark chocolate or yogurt chips for a sweet touch! To make this snack even easier, mix in your favorite Good & Smart™ trail mix.
If you’re craving something heartier, discover the healthier options available on DG Easy Meals. Don’t be afraid to alter recipes to fit your nutrition needs or with ingredients that are readily available to you. Recipes like Black Bean Dip or 57 Sauce Glazed Chicken can satisfy your game day hunger.
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Clover Valley® Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10-oz.) can RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1 cup Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Tortilla chips, optional
- Stir together beans, drained tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and onion in medium bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- 6 Clover Valley® Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Clover Valley® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp. Clover Valley® Yellow Mustard
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Clover Valley® Sweet Pickle Relish
- ? Tsp. Clover Valley Salt
- Dash of Ground Black Pepper
- Garnish: Clover Valley® Paprika
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain immediately and fill the saucepan with cold water and ice. Tap each egg firmly on the counter until cracks form all over the shell.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks into a mixing bowl.
- Mash yolks with 2 Tbsp. Clover Valley® Real Mayonnaise. Add 1 Tsp. Clover Valley® Yellow Mustard, 1 ½ Tbsp. Clover Valley® Sweet Pickle Relish, ? Tsp. Clover Valley® Salt and a dash of Ground Black Pepper – stir until combined.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Garnish, with Clover Valley® Paprika if desired.
57 Sauce Glazed Chicken
If you’re looking to make this dish a meal, serve with Clover Valley™ frozen veggies like broccoli or Brussels sprouts as part of a balanced meal.
- 1 (10-oz.) bottle Heinz 57® Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 lb. chicken pieces
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 57 Sauce and honey.
- Grill or broil chicken about 25 to 30 minutes, turning once.
- Grill for an additional 10 minutes, turning and brushing with sauce.