Dollar General’s July Sales Sizzle with Summer Heat!
July 07, 2016
Major discount retailer offers significant savings and exclusive offers with digital couponsGoodlettsville, Tennessee – July 7, 2016 – Dollar General is matching July’s hot, summer temperatures with sizzling sales and specials throughout the store this month! From summer entertaining items and back-to-school needs to everyday essentials, Dollar General stores and Dollar General online is offering exceptional value on all summer needs.
“Our focus is to help Dollar General shoppers stretch their summer budgets, so we are very excited to offer numerous sales this month,” said Jim Thorpe, Dollar General’s executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. “With great offers, incredible savings, digital coupons and our exclusive Fast Way to Save™ campaign, there’s never been a better time to visit a local Dollar General store.”
Highlights of upcoming specials this month are below. For additional savings, visit Dollar General’s website or the Dollar General mobile app to view each week’s circular.
Fast Way to Save™ Digital Coupon Savings: July 17 through August 13
Available through Dollar General Digital Coupons, the Fast Way to Save™ program helps customers save even more in digital coupons savings and exclusive offers on summer favorites and items for those preparing students for back-to-school and back-to-campus time. From July 17 through August 13, customers may save on products from General Mills®, Energizer®, Ziploc®, Clorox®, Kellogg’s®, Campbell’s®, Rubbermaid® and more. Fast Way to Save™ offers are only available through the Dollar General digital coupon program, can be combined with sale items so customers can save even more and may only been redeemed once during the promotional time frame.
To enroll or upload coupons through Dollar General Digital Coupons, customers may login to their electronic DG Digital Coupon account either through Dollar General’s website at www.dollargeneral.com/coupons, through the DG mobile app for Android and iPhone smartphones or by texting “JOIN” to 34898.*
Week of July 10:
- July 12 through 14: 70 percent off select summer apparel (valid on yellow dot tags starting at $7).
- Instant $3 savings with any qualifying $10 or more purchase of Colgate-Palmolive products.
- Pepsi® or Mountain Dew® 2-liter assorted varieties: $1 each (California CRV or deposit where applicable)
- Tide® Pods™ or Gain® Flings!™ 12-16 count: $1.95 final price with $3 DG digital coupon (Offers with like items cannot be combined.)
- Back to school sales including the following. See the July 10 circular for more offers.
- Several $0.50 items including Elmer’s® 4-ounce school glue, iMagine™ and Bic® writing utensils, Crayola® and iMagine™ coloring items, DG Office™ index dividers, Sharpie® Ultra Fine Point (one count) and more!
- Assorted backpack styles starting at $3 each
- Elmer’s® mini school glue stick (one count), Elmer’s® mini school glue bottle (one count) or iMagine™ crayons (24 count): Three for $1
Week of July 17:
- Launch of Dollar General’s school supply digital and mobile coupon and online promotion code for $5 off any qualifying $20 purchase.
- Clover Valley® 12-pack assorted cans: Three for $6 (must purchase three to get the discounted price)
- Scott™ six Mega paper towel rolls, Bounty Basic™ six Big paper towel rolls, Cottonelle® 12 Big rolls of Clean Care or Comfort Care Bath Tissue, or Charmin® Basic® 12 rolls BONUS bath tissue big squeeze: $4.95 each
- Tide® Pods™ 23-31 count or Gain® Flings!™ 31 count in assorted scents: $5.95 final price with $3 DG digital coupon.
- Maxwell House® Wake Up Roast coffee in 30.65 ounce container: $5.95
- Mountain Dew® Black Label 16 ounce: Buy one, get one free (Must purchase two to get the discounted price).
- Three-day sale on July 21-23 with extra savings including
- Pepsi® or Mountain Dew® six-pack or eight-pack bottles where available: Five for $10 (Must purchase five to get the discounted price; California CRV or deposit where applicable)
- Lay’s® assorted varieties (9.75-10.5 ounce packages): Two for $4 (Must purchase two to get the discounted price).
- Hefty® trash bags Ultra Strong Citrus Twist® 13 gallon/38-count: $5.95
- Scott® Extra Soft bath tissue nine double rolls: $3.95
- Assorted styles of beach towels: 50 percent off
- Summer Apparel: Buy one, get one free (Equal or lesser value; Look for yellow and white dot on tag; Must purchase two to get the discounted price)
- Swim and summer toys: Buy one, get one 50 percent off (Equal of lesser value; Must purchase two to get discounted price)
For additional information, photographs or items to supplement a story, please visit the DG Newsroom, contact the Media Relations Department at 1-877-944-DGPR (3477) or via email at email@example.com.
*Standard message and data rates may apply.
Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG) is proud to serve as America’s neighborhood general store. Founded in 1939, Dollar General lives its mission of Serving Others every day by providing access to affordable products and services for its customers, career opportunities for its employees, and literacy and education support for its hometown communities. As of August 4, 2023, the company’s 19,488 Dollar General, DG Market, DGX and pOpshelf stores across the United States and Mi Súper Dollar General stores in Mexico provide everyday essentials including food, health and wellness products, cleaning and laundry supplies, self-care and beauty items, and seasonal décor from our high-quality private brands alongside many of the world’s most trusted brands such as Coca Cola, PepsiCo/Frito-Lay, General Mills, Hershey, J.M. Smucker, Kraft, Mars, Nestlé, Procter & Gamble and Unilever. Learn more at DollarGeneral.com.