Dollar General Kicks Off Holiday Week with Seven Straight Days of Exclusive Savings
November 20, 2015
Retailer offers quality and value on major holiday categories
- Days of savings include incredible savings on Thanksgiving Day both online and at more than 12,000 retail locations.
- Three days of toy savings of buy one, get one 75 percent off on Nov. 26-28; 70 percent of toy assortment is licensed and branded.
- Specials begin on Sunday, Nov. 22 and continue through Saturday, Nov. 28 on all major holiday categories including electronics, toys, gifts, apparel and food.
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. (BUSINESS WIRE), November 20, 2015 - Customers can take advantage of seven straight days of exclusive savings for their holiday shopping at more than 12,000 Dollar General retail locations and online at www.dollargeneral.com between Sunday, Nov. 22 and Saturday, Nov. 28.
“Dollar General is excited to offer customers great savings and value on this season’s most popular items including toys, electronics, home décor and foods,” said Jim Thorpe, Dollar General’s executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. “Our commitment to helping customers stretch their budget this holiday is reflected throughout our stores with low prices in every category to ensure our customers can celebrate affordably.”
Shoppers looking to take advantage of in-store sales may shop stores from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Black Friday. Normal hours of operation resume on Saturday, November 28, 2015.
Highlights of items featured during the seven days of savings include:
Four-Day Savings (Sunday, Nov. 22 through Wednesday, Nov. 25)
- Select Coca-Cola® 2 liter products: Three for $3 (Must purchase three to get discounted price)
- Craig® Lighted Bluetooth Tower Speaker: $25
- Disney® Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack: $45
- Sylvania® DVD player: $14
- DG® Home heavy duty or alkaline batteries: Buy one, get one free (Must purchase two to get discounted price)
- Libby’s® canned vegetables: Three for $1
Thanksgiving Day-Only Specials on Thursday, Nov. 26
- 50 percent off all trees, ornaments and tree toppers
- All ASOTV® items: Buy one, get one free (Must purchase two to get discounted price)
- Alcatel Onetouch® Pixi Glitch™: $1
- Sylvania® seven-inch portable DVD player: $34
- Seven-inch family tablet: $32
- Emerson® Action Camera: $18
- Sega® or Atari® gaming consoles: $28
- Men’s Open Trails® denim jeans: $7
- Frozen Olaf waffle maker: $10
- Indoor/Outdoor 100-count mini lights: $1
- Ladies’ or girls’ faux suede classic boots: $5
Three-Day Savings (Thursday, Nov. 26 through Saturday, Nov. 28)
- Toys: Buy one, get one 75 percent off Must purchase two to get discounted price; Excludes ASOTV®, electronics and Disney® Infinity Figures and Starter Packs.
- Disney® Infinity individual figures: Two for $15 (Must purchase two to get discounted price)
- Fiber optic decorations: 25 percent off
- All licensed comforters: $25
- All candles or wax warmer gift set: 50 percent off
- Pillow pals: $15
- Toastmaster® appliances: $15
- Men’s and ladies’ Gildan® fleece crewnecks or pants: Two for $10 (Must purchase two to get discounted price)
In addition to in-store savings, Dollar General will offer e-commerce shoppers free shipping with any pre-tax purchase of $40 or more. Customers who sign up to receive Dollar General emails can also receive additional discounts on shipping rates. Visit www.dollargeneral.com for more information.
Additional information, photographs, stock footage and story ideas are available online at Dollar General’s newsroom or by contacting the Media Relations Department at 1-877-944-DGPR (3477) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG) has been delivering value to shoppers for over 75 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, clothing for the family, housewares and seasonal items at low everyday prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates 12,396 stores in 43 states as of October 30, 2015. In addition to high quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America’s most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg’s, General Mills, and PepsiCo. For more information on Dollar General, please visit www.dollargeneral.com.
Dollar General Corporation
Media Hotline: 1-877-944-DGPR (3477)
Dan MacDonald, 615-855-5209
Crystal Ghassemi, 615-855-5210
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 18,566 stores in 47 states as of July 29, 2022. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.