Dollar General Announces Exclusive Holiday Savings
November 21, 2013
Extension of everyday value and convenience helps customers celebrate affordably
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. (BUSINESS WIRE), November 21, 2013 - Today, Dollar General (NYSE: DG) begins 34 days of exclusive holiday savings on electronics, toys, clothing, décor, baking and more for every holiday need, both in-store at over 11,000 retail locations and online at www.DollarGeneral.com.
“With more than 11,000 stores and exclusive online specials, Dollar General is extending its everyday value and convenience to provide an affordable holiday celebration for our customers,” said Dave D’Arezzo, Dollar General’s executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. “We are proud to help our customers further stretch their dollar this holiday season by offering specials and providing additional discounts on the season’s best gifts, décor and more.”
Highlights of the season’s best deals include offers beginning Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28, that continue through Cyber Monday, Dec. 2. While supplies last, door buster sales, exclusive online specials and incredible savings include:
Thanksgiving Day-Only Specials
- In-store exclusive: Toastmaster® single-serve brewer: $48
- In-store exclusive: iSound® iGlowSound Dancing Light speaker: $32
- Craig® seven-in. portable DVD player with remote: $35
- Sega® Genesis™ Ultimate Portable Game Player: $25
- Pac-Man® video game Connect and Play: $15
- Craig® Stereo Sound Bar System: $25
- Atari® Flashback® Four Classic Game console with 76 built-in games: $28
Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Saturday Specials
- Buy one, get one 75 percent off all toys excluding electronics and As Seen On TV® products
- Craig® CD boombox: $25
- Sega® Genesis™ Wireless Classic Game console: $28
- Four-pack of AA or AAA Energizer® Max® batteries: $2
- In-store exclusive: Assorted appliances: $15
- In-store exclusive: Polaroid® Stereo Earbuds with built-In MIC: Buy one, get one free
- In-store exclusive: Holiday Style™ or trueliving® candles: Buy one, get one 50 percent off
- Online exclusive: Craig® seven-in. tablet with Android 4.1: $65
- Online exclusive: Craig® Android Smart TV HDMI adapter: $40
Cyber Monday-Only Specials- Available Exclusively Online at DollarGeneral.com
- Android® 2.3 Netbook: $69
- Craig® Bluetooth mini speaker: $12
- Emerson® 4GB Shuffle-Style MP3: $8
- Emerson® 2.8-in. touch 4GB MP3 video: $20
- Eight-in-one jumbo tablet remote: $8
In addition to online-exclusive savings, Dollar General will offer e-commerce shoppers free shipping with any pre-tax purchase of $35 or more. Customers who “like” Dollar General on Facebook can also receive a deeper discount on shipping rates. Visit www.facebook.com/dollargeneral for more information.
Shoppers looking to take advantage of in-store sales may shop stores from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Black Friday. Normal hours of operation resume on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013. Dollar General stores are closed on Dec. 25, but orders may be made online at www.dollargeneral.com.
For additional information, photographs or items to supplement a story, please contact the Dollar General Media Relations Department at 1-877-944-DGPR (3477) or via email at email@example.com.
Suggested Social Media Outreach: @DollarGeneral announces incredible #DGHoliday savings on electronics, toys, gifts and more for #DGThanksgiving, #DGBlackFriday and more. #DGDeals
About Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for nearly 75 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, house wares and seasonal items at low everyday prices in convenient neighborhood locations. With more than 11,000 stores in 40 states, Dollar General has more retail locations than any retailer in America. In addition to high quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, Unilever, Kellogg's, General Mills, Nabisco, Hanes, PepsiCo and Coca-Cola. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Follow Dollar General:
Crystal Ghassemi, APR, 877-944-3477
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 18,566 stores in 47 states as of July 29, 2022. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.