Dollar General Announces Eight Days of Exclusive Holiday Savings
November 20, 2014
Special deals aimed at helping customers stretch their budgets and celebrate affordably this season
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. (BUSINESS WIRE), November 20, 2014 - Beginning Sunday, Nov. 23, Dollar General will celebrate eight days of exclusive holiday savings on gifts, toys, electronics, clothing, décor, baking and more for every holiday need, both in more than 11,500 retail locations and online at www.dollargeneral.com.
“Dollar General is continuing to help customers stretch their budgets this holiday season by offering some of the year’s hottest items at incredible prices,” said Dave D’Arezzo, Dollar General’s executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. “In addition to great cost savings in nearly every holiday category, Dollar General is also extending its everyday value to items throughout the store to help provide customers with affordable celebrations.”
Highlights of items featured during the eight days of savings include door buster sales and exclusive online savings*:
Four-Day Savings (Sunday, Nov. 23 through Wednesday, Nov. 26)
- Craig® lighted Bluetooth tower speaker: $25
- Toastmaster® digital deluxe coffee maker: $18
- Sylvania® DVD player: $14
- My Little Pony® Equestria Girls™ dolls, Monster High® dolls or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ action figures: $8
- DG home™ heavy duty or Alkaline batteries: Buy one, get one free
- Comfort Bay® plush throws in assorted prints/solids: $5
- Any blanket or throw: Buy one, get one 50% off (offer cannot be combined with other offer or DG coupon)
Thanksgiving Day-Only Specials on Nov. 27
- Sega®, Atari®, Colecovision® or Intellivision® gaming consoles: $28
- Android™ KitKat® 4.4 Seven-Inch Tablet: $40
- Sylvania® Seven-Inch Portable DVD Player with Remote: $34
- Toastmaster® Buffet Crock Pot Server: $38
- Enzo® Riding Boots: $10
- ALL trees, ornaments, 100-count light sets: 50% off
- ALL As Seen On TV® items: Buy one, get one free (excludes previously-reduced items)
- Pepsi® or Mountain Dew® 12-pack cans: $2.50 each (when two purchased; limit four)
Three-Day Savings (Thursday, Nov. 27 through Saturday, Nov. 29)
- Wide selection of toys: Buy one, get one 75 percent off (excludes electronics and As Seen On TV®)
- Frozen Pillowtime Pals: $15
- Toastmaster® assorted appliances: $15
- Portable Fountain Speaker or Bluetooth® Mini Tower Speaker or Bluetooth® Headphones: $10
- Towel or six-pack washcloth set in assorted colors: $1.75
- 100% Cotton Bath Towels in assorted colors: $2.75 each; hand towel: $2; washcloth: $1.50
*Exclusive savings available while supplies last.
In addition to in-store savings, Dollar General will offer e-commerce shoppers free shipping with any pre-tax purchase of $40 or more. Customers who sign up to receive Dollar General emails can also receive additional discounts on shipping rates. Visit www.dollargeneral.com for more information.
Shoppers looking to take advantage of in-store sales may shop stores from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Black Friday. Normal hours of operation resume on Saturday, November 29, 2014. Dollar General stores are closed on December 25, but orders may still be made online at www.dollargeneral.com.
For additional information, photographs or items to supplement a story, please contact the Dollar General Media Relations Department at 1-877-944-DGPR (3477) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggested Social Media Outreach: @DollarGeneral announces 8 days of incredible #DGHoliday savings on electronics, toys, gifts and more for #DGThanksgiving, #DGBlackFriday and more! #savetime #savemoneyAdditional Holiday Story Ideas Available HERE
Dollar General Corporation
Dan MacDonald or Crystal Ghassemi, APR, 877-944-3477
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,683 stores in 46 states as of July 30, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.