DG Brands Honored by StoreBrands
Aug 24, 2023
2023 Editors' Pick Awards Recognizes Four Exclusive and Private Brands
Four Dollar General exclusive and private brands were recently featured in the 2023 StoreBrands Editors’ Picks Awards, highlighting the Company’s commitment to providing affordable access to high-quality products. They include:
- Joy Works Hydrating Facial Moisturizer named Gold award winner in the Skincare category;
- Believe Beauty Vitamin C Brightening Serum named Silver award winner in the Skincare category;
- Curl Rhythm Haircare named Silver award winner in the Haircare category; and
- Nature’s Menu pet food products named Bronze award winner in Pets category.
“At DG, we are constantly listening, learning and evolving our product development to best meet our customers’ wants and needs,” said Jackie Li, Dollar General’s senior vice president of private brands and global sourcing. “These honors highlight the exclusive and private brands team’s innovative and strategic work, and we are grateful for StoreBrands’ recognition. We look forward to continuing to provide value on these and all private brand products.”
StoreBrands’ annual competition honors the best new products of the year, and a panel of editors review hundreds of product entries. Entries are judged based on innovation, functionality, market success and its overall impact on the industry. Gold, Silver and Bronze winners are selected and recognized in 26 categories. View the complete list of Editors Picks Awards online in the July/August 2023 edition.
Meet DG’s Award Winners
Three brands from Dollar General’s recent Beauty Reinvention expansion, which was announced in March 2023, were recognized:
- Joy Works’ product line is dermatologist-tested, clean, cruelty-free, dye-free, vegan friendly, gluten-free, mostly fragrance-free and infused with prebiotic and skin conditioning ingredients to help soothe sensitive skin. Joy Works bottles are also recyclable.
- Dollar General’s exclusive Believe Beauty Skin offers a refreshing selection of dermatologist-tested products for each stage of skincare, for normal, dry and oily skin types. The products are free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, petroleum, triclosan and are vegan and cruelty-free with no animal testing.
- Curl Rhythm™ hair products are made with natural seed oils that penetrate the strand, building moisture and shine that is visibly different. Baobab seed oil, the key ingredient, provides deep moisture and shine, fortifying the strand to prevent breakage and providing anti-frizz results. Curl Rhythm is always silicone-free.
Learn more about all Dollar General private brands, which includes a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee on most products, by clicking here.