Celebrate National Cheeseburger Day in These Three Affordable Ways!
The classic American cheeseburger has been around for nearly 100 years, making it a favorite meal in homes and restaurants across the communities Dollar General serves. To help customers celebrate National Cheeseburger Day on Monday, September 18, Dollar General Easy Meals provides a list of great cheeseburger recipes for the whole family to enjoy. Find three Easy Meal recipes here or access more by visiting www.dollargeneral.com/easymeals.
Classic Beef Burger
1 lb. ground beef
1-½ tsp. steak seasoning blend
4 hamburger buns, split
4 slices cheese (such as cheddar, American, swiss, etc.)
4 lettuce leaves
4 tomato slices
Toppings (such as ketchup, mustard, onion slices, pickles)
- Combine ground beef and steak seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered 8-10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7-9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grill. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese slice.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce leaf; top with tomato slice, burger, and toppings, as desired. Close sandwiches.
No-Stick Cooking Spray
1-1/2 lbs. extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
¾ cup chopped onion
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp. finely chopped dill pickles
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
5 refrigerated, large reduced-fat biscuits, quartered
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13”x9” glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; add beef, onion and black pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes or until meat is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Sprinkle flour over cooked beef; stir to combine. Add undrained tomatoes, ketchup, pickles and mustard to skillet; Mix until blended.
- Place meat mixture in prepared dish; sprinkle with cheese and top with biscuit pieces. Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are fully cooked and golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Inside-Out Bacon Burgers
1 lb. lean ground beef
4 KRAFT® Singles, cut into Quarters
2 tsp. OSCAR MAYAER® Real Bacon Bits
4 Clover Valley® Hamburger Buns, toasted
¼ cup PHILADELPHIA® Bacon Cream Cheese Spread
1 plum tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
4 lettuce leaves
- HEAT grill to medium-high heat.
- SHAPE meat into 8 (1/4-inch thick) patties. Top each of the 4 patties with 4 Singles pieces and ½ tsp. bacon; cover with remaining patties. Pinch edges together to seal.
- Grill 6-7 minutes on each side or until done (160°F.)
- Spread bottom halves of buns with cream cheese spread. Fill buns with burgers and remaining ingredients.